What is the Go with Maersk Journey all about?
• Two Job Rotations – During the programme you will have two job rotations within your anchor function, e.g. in the areas of Commercial, Operations, Finance or Technology.
• Professional Development and Personal Growth – You will be offered a real job with real responsibilities to help you add value to the organisation and the opportunity to develop your career.
• Coaching & Mentoring – You will receive on-the-job training throughout your journey. Senior business leaders, influencers and mentors are on hand to provide mentorship, guidance and continuous feedback so you can improve your skills and experience.
• A Global Network – You will be able to build your own personal global network, and become part of ours, by meeting and interacting with other graduates, senior business leaders, influences and mentors from all around the world.
What kind of learning can I expect from the Go with Maersk Programme?
The Go with Maersk learning journey entails high impact experiences and on-the-job training, combined with education, mentoring and continuous feedback.
The biggest learning component of the Go with Maersk journey is the immense learning you will experience. You will be going through two job rotations, taking up real, full-time roles with lots of responsibility and stretching assignments. On top of this you will receive training in the form of virtual and face-to-face training modules along with your peers from all around the world.
Face-to-face training modules will be delivered by various external thought-leaders as well as senior Maersk business leaders. These would take place in different parts of the world, providing you with a better understanding of themes such as our industry, customers, digital transformation and the end-to-end supply chain, as well as our purpose and impact on the world.
Apart from professional development and insight, your personal development will also be a key theme throughout the entire Go with Maersk journey. We will give you tools and insights, which would help your career and develop you into a future leader at Maersk.
What does it mean to graduate from the Go with Maersk Programme?
Graduation means you would have:
• Been employed for two years with Maersk as a full-time employee – enjoying the same benefits and responsibilities as any other employee.
• Successfully completed two job rotations and training modules – gaining experience and an understanding of the business, whilst building skills.
• Been given various opportunities to connect, learn and be guided - with peers, senior managers and business leaders within the organisation.
• Become inspired to lead and take responsibility for your personal and professional development - and how to uplift those around you.
• New opportunities (both local and global) opening up to you within Maersk - depending on your performance, motivation and the needs of the business.
Where in the world can I Go with Maersk?
During your two years as a graduate in Maersk you will be based in the country where you are hired, however, as part of the learning journey you will attend training modules in different corners of the world. You will be taken through immersive learning and have the opportunity to meet and network with your fellow graduates and senior Maersk leaders. After the completion of the programme there is the opportunity to continue your career with Maersk locally or globally.
You can view the Go with Maersk Journey for more information on how the programme is structured.
Can I expect to work with other graduates during the graduate programme?
Yes, you can expect to meet and work with other graduates.
Over the course of the 2-year programme, you will be able to build a network of graduates that will stretch beyond your time in the programme.
As part of the programme’s education modules, there will be business-relevant project work in which graduates will work together to solve real business challenges.
You will also have the opportunity to have a former graduate as your mentor.
When does the programme start?
The Go with Mærsk programme will commence on 1 September. However, in some instances, there is the possibility of starting your job earlier.
Am I guaranteed a job after the programme?
As part of the Go with Mærsk programme you are hired from day one as a full-time employee with Mærsk according to local policy. Pending successful completion of the programme you will be able to continue your career with Mærsk locally or globally.
Will I be compensated for my participation in the programme?
Yes, we look beyond our direct business competitors to make sure our employees are rewarded in-line with similar roles in other high-performing multinational companies like Maersk. We constantly monitor the compensation market in the countries we operate in, in order to benchmark our pay competitiveness. Benefit packages are set by employment location based on country market practice – which is constantly monitored as well – and applicable national legislation.
Will my salary remain the same during the programme?
During the time on the programme, your salary will be reviewed annually according to global policy, based on your work responsibilities and performance.
Am I entitled to holiday during the programme?
Yes, according to country policy and employment law.
Am I entitled to maternity/paternity leave during the programme?
Yes, according to country policy, considering Maersk Parental Leave policy as minimum standard if it is more beneficial than country law.
How do I qualify to Go with Maersk?
To qualify you must have the following:
- Master's Degree - You have an MSc in a relevant discipline with a graduation date no later than 1 September of the year you are applying in. Relevant disciplines include (but are not limited to) business, supply chain, digital innovation, marketing, finance, or similar.
- Relevant Experience – You have experience coming from internships and field-related part- or full-time work, in-between, during, before or after your studies.
- Personality - You are passionate about an international career in global trade and dedicated to investing in your personal development. Your working style is collaborative and inclusive, and you are eager to build strong relationships across the organisation. You are driven by creating innovative solutions for global challenges and have an ambition to become a future leader in Maersk.
- Location and Language - Your desire to connect and engage with the world and an interest in building a global career are key to the Go with Maersk Graduate Programme. The job offer will be subject to you having a valid work permit for the job location. You must have excellent English language skills and an additional language is a plus.
What is the application window for Go with Maersk?
The global application window for Go with Mærsk 2020 is still to be confirmed.
But not to worry – click on Go Apply and be the first to hear when recruitment opens.
What positions are available in my country?
Visit Go apply!
When positions open, you will be able to view all of the vacancies by country.
How many graduates are you looking for?
The number of graduates can vary from year to year based on business needs. A full list of global vacancies can be found here: Go Apply
How do I decide which position to apply for?
• Please take time to read about the different Mærsk brands, the functions that we hire for, as well as the specific job descriptions.
• Feel free to reach out to the contact person listed on the job ad to find out details about the essence of the position, the team goals, and atmosphere.
• Take all these things into consideration and make the final call.
• Please apply for only one position.
How can I apply to the programme?
What will the application process be like?
Stage 1: Create your application profile online
Stage 2: Complete two online assessments
Stage 3: Present yourself through a video
Stage 4: Meet us for a personal interview
Stage 5: Meet us at the Go with Mærsk Assessment Day
Stage 6: Sign the contract and Go with Mærsk
Go to Application process for more.
What are some tips for how to succeed in the various stages of the application?
We have collected tips for creating a successful application. Get them by clicking here.
When can I expect to hear back from you?
We try to get back to applicants within two weeks at any given stage of the application experience. For example, if you have recorded a video interview, please allow two weeks before you hear from us about the personal interview. It is important to us that each application is reviewed carefully, so please bear with us if it takes a little longer to respond.
When will I receive the job offer?
As all locations have their own local recruitment timeline, the job offer will vary by location. We expect to offer positions to selected candidate graduates by no later than 31 May.